Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peacock Fridge Magnet



Peacock Feathers & Vintage Buttons


I've been blogging  recipes because I have a passion for cooking and I am still trying to figure this blogging thing out.  But  basically I enjoy creating, creating anything.  So today I thought I would share something non-food related.  A party favor I recently created for a peacock theme wedding shower. Plus I have to admit my other motivation -  I want to  pin  it on  Pinterest!

These fridge magnets are made with wooden clothespins, real peacock feathers and vintage buttons. Great for hanging on the fridge to hold recipes and perhaps........ a picture of the bride and groom.


In action on the fridge 
Another fridge action shot



Supplies needed:
  •  Peacock feathers
  • Buttons vintage or new ( I just gleaned from my old button collection)
  • Wooden clothes pin
  • Gems for center of button ( these were self adhesive)
  • Magnet
  • Glue gun 
  • Diet Coke

Supplies



Instructions:
1.Heat up glue gun
2. Fasten gem  to buttons
3. Glue magnet to clothes pin
4. Glue feather onto clothes pin
5. Glue button  onto feather
6.  Put on fridge
7. Remove diet Coke from fridge, drink and enjoy how easy these are to make!








I displayed the  feather magnets on a sheet of metal ( bought at a craft store) during the shower to add to the peacock theme. To ensure a safe  arrival home  they were put  in small plastic gift bags for the guest.  Everyone was thrilled to get something related to the wedding theme. ( or so they said  :)  )



I hope you enjoyed my attempt at something besides a recipe.  But I am still going to end with a picture of food.  And just so ya know, I am hoping to get a "real" camera soon  to capture what I really think I am seeing.  : )


Peacock theme cupcakes - baked and decorated by my niece

                                     
















 

1 comment: